What's the difference between PolyLEVEL and Mudjacking?
PolyLevel® offers many considerable advantages to traditional mudjacking:
- Strong but light. PolyLevel® weighs only about 4lbs. per cubic ft., compared to 120lbs. per cubic ft. for standard fill material. PolyLevel® ’s light weight makes it useful where denser fill material might impose an undesirable load on weak soils. Despite its light weight, PolyLevel® can support substantial loads; it typically provides greater lifting power than mudjacking.
- Stable and inert. PolyLevel® does not react with soil or moisture; it will not leach harmful chemicals into the soil.
- Waterproof. Once cured, PolyLevel® will not wash away. PolyLevel® ’s waterproofing properties can be beneficial in certain applications.
- Noninvasive. PolyLevel® injection equipment isn’t bulky, enabling applicators to access confined areas. When properly injected, PolyLevel® is not as messy or disruptive as other slab and foundation-lifting techniques.
- Adjustable. Adjusting the density and expansive force of the 2-part foam affords a wide range of geotechnical uses. Lifting force can be adjusted by fine-tuning the chemical reaction that causes the foam to expand. An experienced applicator can factor not only the weight of the structural element but also soil characteristics and temperature and weather conditions. Special formulations are possible for applications where water must be displaced.
- Quick curing. Down time is minimized with PolyLevel® concrete repair. Full loading of the foundation, roadway or other structural element can usually happen about 15 minutes after the material is injected.