1.11.20 Real Estate Mortgage Shoppe with Clint and Jo Garner
For this week’s Wednesday blog, we have a recap of Clint’s segment on Jo Gardner’s “Real Estate Talk Shoppe” radio show!!
Clint went in depth on the crawlspace and mold problems that we see and repair every day. Below are the main points that he and Jo went over Saturday morning!
January 11th Real Estate Mortgage Shoppe
Crawlspace and Mold Dangers
A crawl space moisture or water problem can cause health, safety, and comfort issues in your home, such as mold, rotted floor joists, or a pest infestation. The best way to prevent these problems is with crawl space encapsulation, moisture control, and waterproofing.
Signs of a Crawl Space Problem:
Excess moisture in the crawl space can contribute to:
-Musty odors and poor indoor air quality
-Feeling of dampness in the living area
-Buckled hardwood floors
-Allergic reactions and worsened asthma symptoms
-Increased energy usage and bills
Redeemers Group Solutions
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: A crawl space vapor barrier is essential for preventing excess moisture from entering the space and causing mold growth.
- Crawl Space Dehumidification: Adding a dehumidifier to the crawl space can help maintain a healthy moisture level and improve the air quality inside the home.
- Crawl Space Insulation: Insulating your entire crawl space helps eliminate drafts and will make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Crawl Space Structural Repair: We can eliminate sagging, bouncy floors by installing durable, adjustable crawl space support jacks under the floor joists.
- Crawl Space Drainage: Crawl space drains and sump pumps remove any water that is in your crawl space to eliminate damage from flooding and moisture build up.
Molds can produce allergens, irritants and potentially carcinogenic toxins. However, for each individual the effects associated with mold exposure can range dramatically. The following is a list of health effects connected to mold exposure:
• Headaches • Eye Irritation • Asthma/Emphysema • Confusion
• Fatigue • Skin Rash • Sinus Infection • Dizziness
Where to look for household mold:
Mold needs water to grow. Therefore, mold is most commonly found in buildings with water-damaged building materials. Here are some common places to look for mold in your building:
• Basements • Attics • Crawl Spaces • Bathrooms
Mold prevention services from Redeemers Group:
Redeemers Group provides on-site inspection and abatement services for residential, commercial, industrial, governmental, and educational facilities. We also use Green Performance Chemistry products for safe and effective mold prevention. All on-site technicians have completed an EPA-certified Mold Prevention training course. Certified inspectors will provide the following on-site services:
-Identify possible water sources contributing to mold growth
-Locate areas of significant mold growth
-Perform appropriate sampling to identify mold species and quantities
-Provide experienced workers for the prevention or cleaning of infected building materials
-Discuss preventive measures you can take to avoid future mold contamination
5 reasons to get rid of household mold
Protect your family from serious health problems caused by indoor mold.
Maintain home value and attractiveness by eliminating unsightly mold-stained materials.
Avoid resale issues that arise when mold makes a house difficult or impossible to sell.
Avoid unnecessary costs due to mold-damaged materials that must be repaired or replaced.
Eliminate unpleasant odors that can make living spaces unpleasant or even unusable.
Check out the link below to hear the whole show, start to finish!